Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas 2014

On christmas eve I woke feeling like I had been hit by a bus...both girls had been sick with the flu/ strep so it was a matter of time! Because I would be contagious for a few days we had to nix our plans and stay home this christmas.

Our Annual Christmas Eve 

Pjs Picture


No one seemed to mind and actually we all ended up having the most fun we had ever had, it was so relaxing not to have anything we HAD to do.

I ended up going to sleep then waking up in the morning while everyone was still asleep to set the decorations, not sure if it was easier than doing it before bed or not, I did really enjoy actually seeing the girls reactions though. (usually they see everything then come wake us before opening gifts)

 This year santa left a mess! Mckenna loved it, she kept yelling,"mama snow!! santa brought me snow." Then she had to take a minute to examine the snow.
McKenna; "Look mama its on my finger! ha! I have snow on my finger"
Kevin and I have spent weeks working on restoring this doll house just for brooklyn (more on that later) I let brooklyn make every decision on her house (without letting her actually see it) She was beside herself excited when she saw her house! SOOO worth all the late night hours and stain covered finger!! seriously I individually stained each shingle and laid/ stained all 2000 popsicle floor sticks! I'm still not done with the house but for now B loves it.
 While brooklyn was looking at her house, Kenna girl was busy digging in her stocking in search for candy..Girl is serious about candy literally tossing every non-candy item over her shoulder without so much as a second look.

Before long it was time to pass out gifts, Brooklyn really wanted to do this so we let her, not long after little sister decided she needed to help too, so sweet!

 Time for presents! Brooklyn was so fast at opening gift I hardly could catch a picture and when I did it was mostly a blur of arms and wrapping paper.


Her legs! seriously, Stop growing!
This year (I stole my friend brettnis idea) I ordered Kevin, and Josh, man crates, To say I was excited for him to open it would be an understatement. He loved it! After seeing what was inside I was really happy as well! (I was nervous that the quality wouldn't be that great, but was pleasantly surprised) Plus it was extra fun to watch kevin open his gift with a crow bar!

 Another thing that made this year extra special was that the girls aunt Katie was here with us. The girls just love her to death and I adore all the special attention and love she gives my babies, I couldnt ask for a better sister and aunt to my girls!









While Kevin played on his new phone and I started breakfast aunt Katie read to and played with the girls, They were in heaven.





No comments:

Post a Comment