Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby Food Making

I have been making McKennas food for a while now and it's so easy, I love that its good for her and it is a real joy to watch your little one enjoy the food you make. I want others to know how easy it is so as I learn i'll share what works with you.

In this picture I have; Squash, pumpkin, bananas, sweet potatoes, green beans and peas, For McKenna that is about 2 1/2 months worth all in an hour!

All I did..

BUTTERNUT SQUASH introduce at 4-6 mo:
 cut the butternut squash in half - lengthwise.
Lay butternut squash flat down in a baking dish with about 1-2 inches of water.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until shell/skin looks puckery and turns a darker tan
Then scoup out the seeds and puree

PUMPKIN introduce at 6-8 mo:
Because it is not in season I had to buy a canned version. when you buy caned pumpkin watch that it is not pumpkin pie mix which can contain sugars, starches and other additives. I then just blended up the pumpkin.

Bananas introduce at 4-6 mo: 
I simply peeled and blended up the bananas.

SWEET POTATOES introduce at 4mo:
Wash and poke holes in sweet potato with fork do not peel for baking/microwaving.
Place in a 400 degree oven and bake for 30-60 minutes or until soft
 Remove skins by slitting the sweet potato lengthwise when cooled then scoop out the "meat". 
puree to desired consistency.

GREEN BEANS introduce at 4-6 mo:
pound of fresh green beans
Clean & snap green beans .Skip if using frozen,(I used frozen.)
 Steam until tender then puree

PEAS introduce at 6-8 months:
If using frozen Peas, cook according to package directions. ( I used frozen)
Place fresh peas into a steamer basket in a pan with a just enough water to slightly show through in the basket. 
Steam until very tender then puree

AVOCADO introduce at 4-6 mo:
Peel and de-pit a ripe avocado
Cut “meat” out and mash with a fork












No comments:

Post a Comment