Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Childrens verses

Just for a moment I want to talk about a subject that I rarely talk about, in fact I usually avoid posting my feelings about anything religious out of the fear that I might either offend someone or come off as overly preachy/ pushy. With that being said I would like to take a moment and talk about our children's bible verses.

During Sunday school last Sunday it was suggested that we find a verse for each of our children that is unique to them. Just sitting there immediately I knew which verse we would choose for Mckenna.

"From the fullness of grace we have received one blessing after another” - John 1:16

 Just reading it I am reminded of my sweet smiling baby girl :)

Discovering a verse for Brooklyn was much harder. I wanted something unique, I wanted a verse that was more unknown or unpopular. However one very popular verse that pulls on my heart and keeps coming to mind when I think of Brooklyn. So much so that I know its meant for her. Ever since I first "pinned it" I thought of her when I read it.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart" -Jeremiah 1:5

God really did have a plan when he surprised us with Brooklyn. It has been a path of many blessing and more love than I had ever thought possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment