Sunday, April 3, 2011

Operation Big girl room

Kevin and I have been slowly working towards moving Brooke in to a new room. Since we will be needing the furniture that is currently in Brooke's room, I immediately went to work looking for "Big girl" furniture. After a few weeks and not finding what I had imagined for her room we decided to repaint a bedroom suit we already had. This bedroom set once belonged to Brooklyn's great great grandma, it was passed to me and now belongs to Brooklyn. The plan is to paint it black and add new knobs.



Kevin and Brooke got to work sanding and painting, while I got to work clearing out the play room (AKA Brooke's new room) and our dining room ( AKA play room)

Today we got started on the daunting task of painting over the "what the heck were you thinking Ashley" paint color in Brooklyn's playroom turned bed room. Brooke was able to choose (out of three colors) what color she wanted... This light blue color is really starting to grow on me.

Before


Having fun
 Brooke's mattress came in so after the paint dried Kevin was able to set up her big girl bed!

Trying out the new bed

 I think its a hit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment