Monday, January 31, 2011

Stepping out saturday (Sunday)

Stepping out Saturday is something that many of my (stay at home) mommy friends do. It gives us the chance to get out of our "around the house" cloths and dress up a little. I took it a step further and made it a mommy and Brooklyn day, we go out to eat, that way she gets some bonding time and all my attention is on her. (during the week I watch other kids in my home)                                                

This Saturday Brooke and I got all dressed up and went out for Mexican, our favorite! Then we went and shopped a little :) Brooklyn loves shopping! However I wasn't able to get a picture, luckily we got a second opportunity to dress up on Sunday, for Kathy's (Nana) birthday! Here are some pictures from last night (lots more to come later!)
This sums up Brooklyn's picture taking mood....and that would be me singing  "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"(Thank you Mary Poppins!). I do this anytime she acts up and....

BAM! Brooklyn has been distracted long enough to have forgotten about what ever has made her so upset. Singing, stomping or clapping work great to distract fussy children. Other people love when I do this in public, I get lots of laughs. Ha Ha. As a mom I hardly ever get embarrassed anymore!




No comments:

Post a Comment