Monday, October 18, 2010

Lewis Newcomb

Two weeks ago my grandfather Lewis passed away. In my heart I know that we did everything we could but in my head I feel like I just let him down. Unfortunately I was unable to be with him and my grandma the day he passed. It's been tearing at me this whole time, even though know that there is nothing I could have done. I just wish I could have hugged him one last time and would have been there for my grandma.



I remember the first time I met Lewis; It was about ten years ago. To any other twelve year old Lewis would be the mean grumpy old man, but to me he was just someone who sarcastically picked on me...and I picked right back. I was told how much Lewis didn't like kids, my response; He is going to HAVE to like me, and he did.



I had ten great years with Lewis, and ten years is all it took for him to have a place in my heart for the rest of my life. I look forward to the day when I can go up to him and tell the "old fart" how much I really loved him!! and thank him for showing my grandma what real love was all about.



There are things we don't want to happen

but we have to accept,

things we don't want to know

but we have to know,

and people we cant live without

but have to let go.

Lewis I love you and will miss you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment